Saturday, March 17, 2018

Stats - Russians more discreet this month

kw: blogs, blogging, spider scanning

I always look at my stats as soon as I open Blogger. This month, March 2018, has begun in an interesting way. The heavy spider activity I've noted a few times in the past has not resumed, but a lower level of extra activity centered around Russia is evident. Compare the past month with the past week:


The darker tone on Russia in the map for the past week tells the story. The near-doubling of activity, from 40-45 daily to 70-80 (most days), seen in the left half, is mostly due to Russian views or downloads of blog posts. The graph on the right shows that much of the activity is on a roughly daily schedule, but not steady. Other, more scattered clumps are also seen.

For the past day, week, and month, I gathered the actual numbers:


For the past month, the ratio (Russ+Ukr)/USA = 0.48; for the past week, it is 0.75, and for the past day it is 0.81.

I don't pretend to discern motives. These are at present simply curious facts.

No comments: