Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer photo workshop 1

kw: photographs, classes

For the second summer, I taught a 2-hour workshop in digital photography basics. This time we had more time outside taking example photos. One of the students wanted a wider wide angle lens, but balked at the price. I showed them all how to do simple panoramas (and gave them an ad for my Panorama/HDR workshop in July).

This photo is a composite of four. I stitched it with the Windows Live Albums "Make" tool. I plan to redo it with the Canon Stitcher tool, which will let me get rid of the glitch near the chimney.

As we were leaving, we noticed a pair of barn swallows had their nest on one of the posts near the front door of the studio. Here is the male bird feeding the young. One of the students is very interested in nature photography, and was quite gratified to get closeups just as good as this one (maybe better).

No comments: