Saturday, March 13, 2010

Performathon

kw: music, dancing, photographs

Saturday was Performathon day, a fundraiser for Darlington Arts Center in Boothwyn, PA. I teach guitar there one evening a week. One of my students performed, as did I. However, I don't have permission to use his picture, so I've shown a couple of others.

The day opened with performances by the Darlington Dance Troupe. As you can see, they like parasols. There were several individual performances, then a couple of group numbers.

These pictures were taken by available light: this one is f/10, 1/40 sec, ISO 800. I've boosted the gamma here, as the original was quite dark. I could have used f/5, but needed the depth of field.

A fellow faculty member, a professional photographer on the side, traded lenses with me for part of the day. The second picture is with his lens. Mine goes only to f/5 at the focal length used, but with his lens, I shot it at f/3.5, 1/60 sec, ISO 800. No gamma adjustment needed.

These girls, sisters, were the hit of the show, playing a few piano duets. I am glad I played earlier and didn't have to follow them!

There had been a plan to do sidewalk painting outside, but constant rain squashed that idea. There was a communal mural painting in the afternoon, and more musical performances.

A staff member told me the Performathon is quite a lot of work for them, but she thought it better than the usual boring Saturday.

No comments: