Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back in pocket

kw: news

Shortly after my posting five days ago, we lost internet service in my area, which was only fully restored this morning. I had just taken the week off for a "staycation", and found myself with unusual amounts of time on my hands.

I went to a nearby church conference site and sat in on meetings in another language, listening to an interpreter through headphones. Because much of the subject matter involved the underground church in a "closed" country, that's all I can say about that.

We take our freedom of conscience for granted in the U.S., to the point that it is rather easy to casually put the life of a Christian from another country in danger. Those who hate us ("yanks") actually fear our freedoms, for in the light of freedom many dark deeds cannot be done. The "world" is still full of those who hate light and love darkness.

No comments: