Friday, April 10, 2009

PHL Art

kw: travel, art, airports

[The last installment of my Airport Art images from my recent travel.] I came into a different terminal at Philadelphia than I left from, so after I left the plane, I got my camera out, hoping this terminal had some real art to display. I was not disappointed. This is one of two cases of Shelley Spector's figurines. They are about two feet tall. I don't know what they are supposed to represent (I didn't stop long enough to read the case notes). Given the stripey pants, it is fun to speculate that maybe they are golfers checking out the golf course.

I thought those would be it, but before I got to baggage claim, there was this nice surprise:


In the hallway between terminals I found a long display of innovative clocks. I snapped about half of them before rushing on to get my baggage.

Here are closeups (click for bigger image) of three of the clocks.

One thing about the PHL airport: they are pretty quick getting the baggage out of the planes. Sure enough, within a minute of my arrival at the baggage carrel, there was my suitcase.

It is a good thing I went on this trip for more than the art. Between plane fare, hotel and rental car, it had been a $1000 trip. Pretty expensive art venues…

No comments: