Monday, March 02, 2009

Noreaster update

kw: local events, weather

I learned something. The panorama below is only 2/3 the size of the one from the prior post, because I didn't provide enough image overlap for the rightmost section, and the software refuses to use it. Oh, well.



The good news is, the snowfall totaled only five inches here, when we'd been prepared for about twice that much. As tired as I got shoveling what did come down, it was plenty! I'd had some idea of taking a photo about daybreak, when there was a predicted break in the action. But the snow stopped earlier, between 4:30 and 6:00AM, then restarted with lots of wind. I didn't dare to risk my camera in those conditions. The shots for the scene above were taken at 3:00PM. It was calm, just at the freezing mark, and the snow had stopped for about an hour.

This was only the second snowfall all winter, making it one of the milder winters we've experienced here. I'll take it. Spring starts officially in less than three weeks. Maybe, since March came in like a lion, it'll go out like a lamb.

No comments: